Driveaway

Moving trucks mindlessly across America. These blogs are posts of my trips doing driveaway work. My favorite driveaway quote: "Never plan, just be ready for the possibilities".

Friday, September 16, 2005

Last Leg of First Trip - and the Greyhound Experience

Just finished the return part of my first trip by delivering to Chantilly, Va. Dispatcher had said they would put me in a rental car to return home, but when the time came to commit they said rental was too expensive from Dulles to Roanoke and I'd have to get on Washington Metro to Union Station and then on Greyhound.

I've read Dick's posts about Greyhound travel and how if you treat it as part of the "adventure" it's really not too bad. Well, this was the first time I've been on Greyhound in 30 years, and I can say it was more than an "adventure". The first leg of the trip from Washington to Charlottesville naturally was late, but the fight that broke out on the bus followed by the cops holding the two individuals in Charlottesville made it particularly adventuresome. Then, the Charlottesville to Roanoke leg was stopped in Amherst and searched by the drug sniffing dogs. No arrests that time. It took over 8 hours to get home from Washington and I figure the pay wasn't worth that part of the trip. I had enjoyed the driving and the rest of it, but I'm not sure I'm up for the Greyhound "adventure" any more. Not sure what I can do about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home