Driveaway

Moving trucks mindlessly across America. These blogs are posts of my trips doing driveaway work. My favorite driveaway quote: "Never plan, just be ready for the possibilities".

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Bus (Pee) Duty

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

In order to get bus duty and driveaway duty better organized this spring, I've tried to line them up on alternating weeks. So this week is bus duty week driving various sports teams each afternoon Weds. through Fri. Got a call bright and early, at 7:30 am, from the Transportation Office saying today is my lucky day - I get to go in for a random drug test. Not a problem for me other than the aggravation. This time I go in and get handled by a right attractive young lady, who stands outside the stall (also, we happen to be in the women's restroom) while I pee in the cup, etc. Then, after I was about half way to pick up the bus, I get a call from the office saying the tester screwed up and accidentally shredded my forms while shedding other documents and I'd have to go back in to fill out the forms again.

Didn't have time to go back in today, so will do it tomorrow. I went on to the high school where I was to pick up one of their rather old and decrepit buses and transport their track team to a competition. I wasn't expecting too many riders, but it turned out I had more than a bus load. They had to put some in one of the coach's vehicle. The track meet lasted for ever, and they had to finally stop at dark before all the competitions were over. Then, the coaches decided they'd all go out and eat, which wasn't all that bad for me since bus drivers usually get a free meal at whatever restaurant they go to, but it would mean getting home late.

So, just a short blurb about bus duty and peeing in cups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home