Driveaway

Moving trucks mindlessly across America. These blogs are posts of my trips doing driveaway work. My favorite driveaway quote: "Never plan, just be ready for the possibilities".

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Back from Montana


Just back from my fall trip to Choteau, MT to check up on our little house and visit some friends. The weather while I was there, for the most part, was fantastic with highs in the 60's and 70's and lows in the 40's. Choteau was dressed up in its fall colors while I was there. I got in a couple of rounds of golf using new clubs I had made (on the cheap) and sent to Choteau. Didn't help my game any, but I still enjoyed it. The fall crisp, clear, views from the golf course overlooking Choteau and the Rocky Mountain front are fantastic.




I did some work around the house, including cleaning up the leaves just in time for the Cottonwoods to drop their leaves and recover the yard. I also toured the area of the Fools Creek Fire from this summer, which was unbelievable. Also drove to Fort Benton, since I'd never been there, and found it to be a visual delight.









I had to fly in and out of Spokane, WA, a 350 mile trip since I was using some USAir vouchers and Spokane is the nearest they come to Choteau. The drive is beautiful, and I took the scenic route back using route 2. Crossing the Marias Pass on Monday morning was a bit dicey, since it was snowing heavily. But the roads were clear and I had a nice drive in the rain back to Spokane.

Spirit Miller called while I was awaiting my plane in Phoenix to see if I wanted to take a truck from Forest, VA to Lawrenceville, GA, but since I was in Phoenix I wasn't exactly available. Plus, I really haven't yet gotten in the driveaway mood again, but I guess I will shortly. More on that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home